One of my favorite hobbies is to do family history research. So far my focus has been on collecting family pictures and making e-copies that can be available to everyone. I started collecting pictures about a year and a half ago. I don't mean to brag, but I probably have more family pictures that are unique to my collection than anyone else in the family (except maybe Uncle Robert and Aunt Shawna). I love to look back through the lives of my progenitors because it tells me more about them than I could probably ever get out of them by talking to them.
This last weekend I spent my Saturday up in Bountiful, UT with grandma and grandpa and karen scanning their pictures. Boy I sure did find some real treasures. Not only did I find pictures of my own family that my mom and dad didn't have, but Grandpa showed me a box he'd never opened (nor had grandma, at least not that she could remember) that contained Hazel Harmon's most precious keepsakes. Inside we found Grandma's high school diploma's, Owen M Harmon's school records and priesthood ordination certificates, and even Grandma's drivers license from CA back in the day (it's really neat, it has her finger print on it). If anyone wants some family pictures, let me know. Below I thought I'd share some of my favorites from this last weekend that I found.

Emily Anderton. This is a classic face she makes, I want to know who taught her how to make it...

David with Emily and William. Sorry dad, you look really tired...





No comments:
Post a Comment