Ram:
I don't have enough ram. It bothers me. And by ram I mean computer memory. And by not enough I mean that I literally get messages from my computer. "INSUFFICIENT MEMORY!!!!!!!111!!!1!!#!!#$!!!!" I think my poor laptop is having self-esteem issues. "I can't vectorize that image! It is way too awesome for me to compute!" *computer brain explodes* Basically I have NEW COMPUTER LUST really badly. I know exactly which model I want, and every two days I go to the Dell website and build it and stare at it and drool.
Larp Tarp, you've been my friend for the past 3.5 years. In fact, I've had you almost as long as I've been employed at the Creamery. You have put up with hours of roommate abuse, two trips to Houston, working way too hard to open iTunes and giving me 10 FPS when I play StarCraft 2 on the lowest possible graphics settings (which is frustrating but THANK YOU for running it despite your terrible piece of junk integrated graphics card). I love you. But your warranty expires in August.
Roosters:
I've started designing t-shirts for Threadless.com, a t-shirt company where artists submit their work and the community rates the designs. If your design gets chosen to be printed, you get $2000 and a $500 gift card for the site.
I am not an artist. It's amazing how much you can fake art in a program like photoshop. I probably won't win even if I submit 100 designs. In fact I will probably get discouraged really soon and give up *attitude problem*
Oh, about the rooster...Rosie the Rooster (RIP) has made his way onto a t-shirt design. It is missing something. I think I will put newspaper text on top of his feathers. Gotta appeal to the hipsters.
I have lots of ideas but I lack the skills to put probably half of them into production (ewok in full-combat armor, an illustration of Orion and Taurus killing each other, and then when you turn out the lights you will see the glow-in-the-dark constellation of them, some ideas involving the use of UV ink, etc...) so until I learn how to do art I'm a bit of a sitting duck.
When (if) my lame cat design gets approved, I will post the link. Don't feel obligated to vote if you think it's junk.
Dinosaurs:
I learned that one of my best friends in high school wrote a book called "Love in the time of Dinosaurs" and it's supposed to be this wacky mix of kung fu and dinosaurs and other awesome things.
So I bought it. Really excited to read it.
1. Which friend wrote the book?
ReplyDelete2. You can always adjust your attitude :o)
3. You would love my computer, lol! ;o)
4. I love your t-shirt designs and think Rosie would look awesome with newspaper text.
5. You are an amazing woman!
6. I love you!
1. Kirsten :)
ReplyDelete2. Too hard ;)
3. I KNOW
4. I tried the newspaper text, it didn't look so good.
5. Thanks :D
6. I love you too!!
#2. Check out Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck from the library. Also read Brain Rules by John Medina (I'm buying that one today)
ReplyDelete